Medical Equip & Supply
Cast Acrylic (Polymethyl methacrylate or PMMA)
Cell cast acrylic is a lightweight, flexible and impact resistant substitute for glass. It has better optical quality and better physical properties than extruded acrylic.
|Lengths||96", 100", 120", 124"|
|Widths||48", 51", 60", 63", 72", 75"|
|Thickness||0.030" to 4.25"|
|Rod Outside Diameter||0.25" to 8"|
|Tube Outside Diameter||1.25” to 27.625"|
|Tube Wall Thickness||0.125" to 0.5"|
Domestic cell cast acrylic provides low distortion and will not yellow after prolonged exposure to sunlight. It is an excellent material for applications that require superior optical and physical properties. Cast acrylic is available in sheet, rod and tube. Primary grades include general purpose, MIL specification grades, abrasion resistant, UV resisting, UV transmitting, patterns and bullet resistant. Colors and patterns are also available.
- 10 times more impact resistant than glass.
- 50% lighter than glass.
- Can expand and contract 8 times as much as glass.
- Can be easily cut, drilled, routed, polished, cemented, laser cut and thermoformed.
- 92% light transmittance on clear sheets.
- Withstands exposure to sun, extreme cold, sudden temperature changes and salt water.
- Will not deteriorate, crack, discolor or become brittle after many years.
- Maximum continuous service temperature is approximately 180°F to 200°F, depending on the application and grade.
- Breaks into large pieces which reduces injury.
- FDA, USDA and NSF compliant.
- Meets many local, city, state and government regulatory building codes.
- Bath & Sanitary Ware
- Marine / Aquariums
- Point-of-Purchase / Displays